Full time (16 months) / Part time (2 - 5 years)
Dual Degree Award:
APU, Malaysia &
Staffordshire University, UK
Today, professionals working in the real estate investment market face many challenges. The global nature of the property market, rapid developments in research tools and business practice, new competition from those operating in the broader investment markets and the development of alternatives to direct property investment all add new dimensions to the role of the property professional in this field. Thus professionals need to enhance their knowledge and skills.
This Master of Real Estate in Finance and Investment programme offers a holistic understanding of the operations in real estate markets and investments. It provides graduates with the specialist knowledge and skills needed to research, analyse and advise on investment decisions accordingly.
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum CGPA of 2.50 or equivalent as acceptable by the Senate; OR
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent but for CGPA below 2.50; can be accepted provided that the candidates must have 5 years working experience in relevant field.
- Graduates of equivalent qualifications who have several years of relevant industry experience.
- Evidence of satisfactory English language skills is required for candidates where English is not their first language, such as IELTS 6.0 or above or TOEFL 550 or above.
Who should attend
This programme is designed for those wishing to pursue a career in the real estate investment and finance business. Graduates will be able to perform investment analyses of individual real estate investments and portfolios and conduct market analysis. It provides those from varied professional and academic backgrounds with an entry into the real estate profession while also enhancing the knowledge and skills of those already employed in the field. It thus ensures graduates have the knowledge they need and can apply it within today’s real estate industry.
The Benefits of This Programme
On successful completion of this programme, you will be able to:
- Understand the property market scenario, and model a solution using the financial theoretical tools and analysis.
- Develop, through practical experience, in a multi-cultural environment, the knowledge, social skills and confidence to pursue a successful career in the property related industry.
- Develop skills in innovation, ingenuity as well as capability in problem solving in decision making especially at the managerial level.
- Manage, plan and control in complex and unpredictable contexts, the processes and stages involved in innovating solutions to problems.
- Develop skill related to business communication and effective business writings.
Programme Modules & Project / Dissertation
The modules of this programme aims to impart practical and theoretical understanding of real estate finance and investment, valuation, appraisal, development and management which will allow students to examine critically current practice and apply, to issues that face property professionals.
- Quantitative Methods For Decision Making
- Securities, Futures & Options
- Financial Regulation & Regulatory policy
- Real Estate Economics & Market Analysis
- Real Estate Finance & Investments
- Real Estate Valuation: Principles & Application
- Real Estate Investment Analysis
- Real Estate Portfolio Management
- Fixed Income & Equity Investment
- Research Methodology
- Real Estate Development
- Real Estate Management
- Real Estate Accounting & Taxation
- Project Paper/Case Study
Training in research methods, through the Research Methodology Module, in addition to close supervision, will encourage you to develop your research skills so that you can complete your dissertation or project paper efficiently. The dissertation helps you develop the kind of skills you will need for work in a variety of careers, as well as to develop your specific ability to research and analyse academic problems.
The research preferably focus on the issues related to the financing and investment of property either locally or internationally particularly with reference to its policy’s implication. The main purpose of this dissertation/project undertaking is to allow you to explore your area of interest and to apply the right approach or methodology to arrive at the rightful solutions that best suit or solve the problems at hands.
Careers after Postgraduate Studies in Real Estate in Finance and Investment
- Investment Analyst
- Real Estate Manager
- Fund Manager
- Financial Planner
- Mortgage Finance