2 years (5 Semesters)
Study Loan Options
03 April 2017
15 May 2017
11 September 2017
06 November 2017
This programme is specifically designed to provide:
- Prepare students with solid foundation in finance to meet the demands of wide range of careers in the business, accounting, banking and finance environment.
- Provide students with academic and professional skills to develop solutions requiring the application of finance in a business and industrial context.
- Students with critical, independent and cooperative learning skills so as to facilitate response to continuous changes in industry practices.
- Students with intellectual, communications and team working skills.
- Students with opportunities for progression into studies at degree level in relevant areas.
Diploma Admission Requirements:
Admission requirements for this programme is as follows:
- An overall credit pass in 3 subjects at SPM including credit in Mathematics and a minimum of pass in Bahasa Malaysia and Sejarah (History); or
- An overall credit pass in 3 subjects at O-Levels/GCSE including credit in Mathematics; or
- A qualification that APU accepts as equivalent to the above
Diploma Course Structure:
In this semester students will be equipped with basic mathematical, language and communication as well as information technology skills. Throughout the duration of the study, students will be exposed to various terminologies and basic concepts related to business managerial skills. These skills are imperative for a smooth transition to the following semester.
- English for Academic Purposes
- Managing Business
- Numerical Skills
- Practical IT Skills
Professional Communications, Quantitative Methods and Academic Research Skills modules are offered in this semester to further develop students’ knowledge and skills emphasising on aspects that are core to the study of finance and accounting. Financial Accounting 1 which touches on the basic concepts and procedure of accounting will also be introduced.
- Academic Research Skills
- Financial Accounting 1
- Professional Communications
- Quantitative Methods
This semester moves students from the basic accounting concepts and procedures to more advanced topics in financial accounting. There are also modules in related subjects such as Economics, Marketing and Business Statistics which will expand their knowledge and efficiency in solving problems and make decisions in different areas of business.
- Business Economics
- Business Statistics
- Financial Accounting 2
The modules in this semester are aimed at equipping students with the knowledge and skills in the legal aspect of business. In addition, students are exposed to more specialised areas of finance such as Real Estate Finance, Banking and Finance and Insurance. These modules are targeted to enhance the application skills of students in a higher level of finance related areas.
- Managerial Finance
- Business Law
- Real Estate Finance
- Principles of insurance
- Principles of Banking and Finance
The final semester allows students to progress into more advanced areas of finance, subjects taught are Financial Regulations and Practices, Personal Finance and Financial Planning, Investment Analysis and Risk Management, International Finance and Islamic Finance.
- Financial Regulations and Practices
- Personal Finance & Financial Planning
- Investment Analysis and Risk Management
- International Finance
- Islamic Finance
*In addition to the above, all students are also required to successfully complete General Studies modules as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualification Agency, as well as fulfill credit requirements for Co-curricular activities.
Upon successful completion of this programme, you will be eligible to progress into any of the following degree programmes offered at APU:
- BA (Hons) in Accounting & Finance
- BA (Hons) in Accounting and Finance with a specialism in Forensic Accounting
- BA (Hons) in Accounting and Finance with a specialism in Taxation
- BA (Hons) in Accounting and Finance with a specialism in Forex and Investments
- BA (Hons) in Accounting and Finance with a specialism in Internal Audit
- BA (Hons) in Business Management with a specialism in E-Business
- BA (Hons) in Business Management
- BA (Hons) in International Business Management
- BA (Hons) in Marketing Management
- BA (Hons) in Human Resource Management
- Bachelor in Banking and Finance (Hons)
- Bachelor in Banking and Finance (Hons) with a specialism in Financial Planning
- Bachelor in Banking and Finance (Hons) with a specialism in Investment and Risk Management
- Bachelor in Islamic Banking and Finance (Hons)