3 Years (6 Semesters)
Dual Degree Award:
APU, Malaysia & Staffordshire University, UK
08 November 2016
14 February 2017
Study Loan Options:
This programme is spefically designed to provide:
- An understanding of the context, nature, role and significance of management activities as undertaken by managers in a range of organisations.
- An opportunity to develop well-researched, logical and integrated solutions to multi-faceted problems in uncertain and dynamic contexts.
- Exposure to the areas of modern Business Management and how these work in concert to produce efficient, agile and customer-centric organisations.
- 2 Principal Passes at STPM level and with 4 Credit Passes at SPM; or
- 2 Passes at ‘A’ Levels; or
- The APIIT/APU Foundation or equivalent with CGPA of 2.0; or
- 5 Grade B's in UEC; or
- Canadian Pre-University (CPU) with minimum average of 50%; or
- Australian Matriculation (AUSMAT) with minimum average of 60%; or
- South Australian Matriculation Certificate (SAM) with minimum of 60%; or
- International Baccalaureate with minimum 24 marks;
- Victorian Certificate of Education with minimum average of 50%;
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma with minimum average of 50%; or
- A qualification that APU accepts as equivalent to the above.
What you will study
Level 1 comprises 10 common modules within all management awards. The Legal, Business Environment and Computing & IT in the Workplace modules provide a context within which businesses operate.
The Business & Communications Skills and Introduction to Services Management modules provide the skills and competence that will be used throughout the programme. You are then introduced to the four principal functions of a business - Management, Marketing, People Management and Accounting. Important and relevant skills for independent learning are also introduced.
- Accounting Skills
- Business and Communications Skills
- Business Environment
- Computing and IT in the Workplace
- Introduction to Management
- Introduction to Services Management
- Legal Environment of Business
- People Management
- Quantitative Skills
In addition to the above, all students are also required to successfully complete General Studies modules as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualification Agency, as well as fulfill credit requirements for Co-Curricular Activities.
Here, specific modules deal with organisational and customer-related issues with emphasis on delivering value to customers. These are common to all management programmes. The other modules provide a broad understanding of Accounting, Operations and Management in an organisation.
Independent learning continues in all modules but is a particular focus and requirement in Research Methods.
- Behavioural Science in the Organisation
- Business Ethics and Governance
- Delivering Customer Value
- Financial Management
- Managing Information System in Organisation
- Research Methods
- E-Business Management
- Commercial Law
- Critical Thinking in Management
- Operations Management
- Quality Management
- Services Management
After the completion of Level 2 students will undertake a short Internship/Industrial Training. This will prepare them for a smooth transition from the classroom to the world of Business Management.
Here, the emphasis is on strategy and decision-making alongside the more practical issues of managing for enterprise, performance and problem-solving. Particular focus is given to exploring modern issues in business management through modules such as Contemporary Management, The Changing Face of Management, Managing Change and Enterprising Management. In addition you will delve into strategic aspects of management generally and Human Resources in particular.
Investigations in Business Management will involve exploration of a topic chosen by you. The Project further develops the academic and practical aspects of your chosen area of study and reinforces your independent Business Management learning skills.
- Corporate Finance
- Strategic Management
- Asian Success and the Global Economy
- Business Management Project
- Contemporary Management
- Enterprising Management
- Investigation in Business Management
- Managing Change
- Managing People and Performance
- Strategic Marketing Planning
- Strategic Planning for Information System
CAREERS IN BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
Any functional area of business such as sales, administration, marketing, purchasing, personnel, retail, manufacturing operations, export activities, distribution management, etc.