3 Years (6 Semesters)
Dual Degree Award:
APU, Malaysia & Staffordshire University, UK
08 November 2016
14 February 2017
Study Loan Options:
This programme is specifically designed to provide:
- Focus on different aspects of E-Business including modules in topics such as e-commerce, e-business, e-tourism, e-marketing, internet payment systems, e-procurement and e-business strategy.
- Students with more in depth understanding and to undertake a project which explores this area in a more analytical and in-depth way.
- 2 Principal Passes at STPM level and with 4 Credit Passes at SPM; or
- 2 Passes at ‘A’ Levels; or
- The APIIT/APU Foundation or equivalent with CGPA of 2.0; or
- 5 Grade B's in UEC; or
- Canadian Pre-University (CPU) with minimum average of 50%; or
- Australian Matriculation (AUSMAT) with minimum average of 60%; or
- South Australian Matriculation Certificate (SAM) with minimum of 60%; or
- International Baccalaureate with minimum 24 marks;
- Victorian Certificate of Education with minimum average of 50%;
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma with minimum average of 50%; or
- A qualification that APU accepts as equivalent to the above.
What you will study
Level 1 comprises 10 common modules within all management awards. The Legal, Business Environment and Computing & IT in the Workplace modules provide a context within which businesses operate.
The Business & Communications Skills and Introduction to Services Management modules provide the skills and competence that will be used throughout the programme.You are then introduced to the four principal functions of a business - Management, Marketing, People Management and Accounting. Important and relevant skills for independent learning are also introduced.
- Accounting Skills
- Business and Communications Skills
- Business Environment
- Computing and IT in the Workplace
- Introduction to Management
- Legal Environment of Business
- People Management
- Quantitative Skills
In addition to the above, all students are also required to successfully complete General Studies modules as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualification Agency, as well as fulfill credit requirements for Co-Curricular Activities.
Two modules deal with organisational issues and two with customer related issues designed to deliver value. These are common to all management courses. The other modules provide a broad understanding of the Accounting, Operations and Management issues in an organization. The specialism contains 4 modules which explore Electronic aspects of Commerce, Business, Tourism and Marketing. Independent learning continues in all modules but is a particular focus and requirement in Research Investigations.
Independent learning continues in all modules but is a particular focus and requirement in Research Investigations.
- Behavioural Science in the Organisation
- Business Ethics and Governance
- Delivering Customer Value
- Financial Management
- Managing Information System in Organisation
- Research Methods
- Creativity and Innovation
- Critical Thinking in Management
- E-Business Management
- Operations Management
After the completion of Level 2 students will undertake a short Internship/Industrial Training. This will prepare them for a smooth transition from the classroom to the world of Business Management.
The emphasis is on strategy and decision making alongside the more practical issues of managing for enterprise, performance and problem solving. The specialism explores specific E-Business aspects such as Internet Payment Systems and Promotion as well as E-Business Strategy.
The Project further develops the student’s academic and practical aspects of their areas of study in E-Business and reinforces their independent learning skills.
- Corporate Finance
- Strategic Management
- Contemporary Management
- E-Business Project
- E-Business Procurement
- E-Business Strategy
- Global Marketing
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Internet Payment System
- Investigation in e-Business
- Managing Change
Note: The specialism will appear only in the academic transcript.
CAREERS IN E-BUSINESS
You develop the necessary critical intellectual ability to enable you to develop careers in e-business, e-government, e-education and e-services to name a few. Careers in E-Business would include New Business Development Management, Marketing Manager , E-Business Consultant and Technoprenuer