3 Years (6 Semesters)
Dual Degree Award:
APU, Malaysia & Staffordshire University, UK
09 May 2017
12 September 2017
07 November 2017
Study Loan Options:
This programme is specifically designed to provide:
- A thorough understanding of the issues relating to effective human computer interaction.
- A clear appreciation of the user interface and the skills to develop interactive multimedia applications.
- An opportunity to undertake a major project where the acquired knowledge and research skills will be used to explore an aspect of media marketing.
What you will study
Level 1 is common to both Media awards and is designed to enable you to make an informed choice between these alternatives at Level 2. This Level introduces you to new media, aspects of Management & Marketing and Multimedia. The skills relevant for business and IT in the workplace are also covered. Important and relevant skills for independent learning are introduced.
Common Modules with BSc (Hons) in Media Informatics and BA (Hons) in Media Marketing with a specialism in Social Media
- Audio Visual Technology
- Business and Communications Skills
- Computing and IT in the Workplace
- Digital Image Production
- Fundamentals of Web Design & Development
- Introduction to Management
- Introduction to Theories of Media and Culture
- Mass Media to Multimedia
- Understanding the Press
In addition to the above, all students are also required to successfully complete General Studies modules as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualification Agency, as well as fulfill credit requirements for Co-Curricular Activities.
The three areas of focus at this level are Media, Marketing Communications and Multimedia. You will also develop awareness and skills in dealing effectively with customers. All the modules address one or more aspects of these areas.
Independent learning continues in all modules but is a particular focus and requirement in Research Methods.
- Creativity and Innovation
- Media Culture and Society
- Multimedia for Presenting and Promoting
- New Creative Media Industries
- Public Relations
- Research Methods
- Script Writing for Radio & TV
- Communications Audit
- Customer Lifestyles and Behaviour
- Interactive Marketing
After the completion of Level 2 students will undertake a short Internship/Industrial Training. This will prepare them for a smooth transition from the classroom to the world of Media Marketing.
The three areas of focus continue with a greater emphasis on strategy and integration. Alongside these are modules which develop specific skills in multimedia and copywriting. You also learn about the planning, decision-making, global & entrepreneurship aspects of marketing and the entertainment industry.
The Media Marketing Project further develops the academic and practical aspects of your chosen areas of study and reinforces your independent learning skills.
- Audiences, Consumption and Technology
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Media, Ethics and Politics
- Strategic Marketing Planning
- Video Recording & Production
- Global Marketing
- Investigations in Media Marketing
- Marketing Decision Making
- Media Marketing Project
- Strategic Entrepreneurship and the Entertainment Industry
CAREERS IN MEDIA MARKETING
- PR Executive
- Communications Executive
- Campaign Manager
- Account Manager
- Brand Manager
- Sales Manager
- Campaign Development Manager
- A & P Executive
- Social Media Strategist
- Social Media Manager
- Digital Media Producer
- Brand Communication Specialist
- Marketing Coordinator
- Digital Marketing Specialist
- Content Developer
- Content Writer
- Digital Content Writer