3 Years (6 Semesters)
Dual Degree Award:
APU, Malaysia & Staffordshire University, UK
21 February 2017
09 May 2017
12 September 2017
07 November 2017
Study Loan Options:
This programme is specifically designed to provide:
- Familiarity with a broad range of information technologies and how they are used.
- An understanding of frameworks and planning techniques for the strategic management of information systems in organisations.
- 2 Principal Passes at STPM level and with 4 Credit Passes at SPM including Mathematics; or
- 2 Passes with at ‘A’ Levels and with a Credit Pass at ‘O’ Levels / GCSE including Mathematics; or
- The APIIT/APU Foundation or equivalent with CGPA of 2.0 and Credit in Mathematics at SPM/O-Level; or
- 5 Grade B's in UEC including Mathematics; or
- Canadian Pre-University (CPU) with minimum average of 50%; or
- Australian Matriculation (AUSMAT) with minimum average of 60%; or
- South Australian Matriculation Certificate (SAM) with minimum of 60%; or
- International Baccalaureate with minimum 24 marks;
- Victorian Certificate of Education with minimum average of 50%;
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma with minimum average of 50%; or
- A qualification that APU accepts as equivalent to the above.
The qualification and entry requirements for the programmes will be determined based on the "Comparison List of Equivalency of International Qualifications with SPM (O-Levels equivalent) and STPM (A-Levels equivalent)" published by Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
The IT degree and all of its specialisms have similar modules in Level 1. Modules that provide a foundation for any IT professional include System Analysis & Design, Fundamentals of Software Development, and Introduction to Programming in an appropriate language. More technical knowledge and skills are developed in Operating Systems & Computer Architecture and Introduction to Networking. Introduction to Management and Computing & IT in the Workplace provide a foundation for multi-disciplinary education and understanding personal and organisational development. Important and relevant skills for independent learning are introduced throughout this level.
- Computing & IT in the Workplace
- Introduction to Management
- Mathematical Concepts for Computing
- System Analysis & Design
- Fundamentals of Software Development
- Operating Systems & Computer Architecture
- Introduction to Networking
- Introduction to Databases
- Introduction To C Programming
- Introduction to Security & Forensic Technologies
In addition to the above, all students are also required to successfully complete General Studies modules as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualification Agency, as well as fulfill credit requirements for Co-Curricular Activities.
Further in-depth analysis and design skills are developed at Level 2 through System Development Methods and Web Applications. Specific skills related to cloud computing are developed through Systems & Network Administration, Introduction to Virtualization, Virtual Computing, and Dtat Center Infrastructure. Integrated Business Processes with SAP ERP Systems will give you a thorough understanding of how IT supports modern organisational activity. Along with independent learning, a common theme in all APU ICT awards is fostering creativity and innovation in individuals and teams. These themes are the specific focus of the Creativity & Innovation and Research Methods for Computing & Technology modules.
- Object Oriented Development with Java
- System Development Methods
- Professional & Enterprise Development
- Creativity & Innovation
- Research Methods For Computing and Technology
- Introduction to Virtualization
- Virtual Computing
- Data Centre Infrastructure
- System & Network Administration
- Mobile & Wireless Technology
- Web Applications
- Integrated Business Processes with SAP ERP Systems
After the completion of Level 2 students will undertake a short Internship/Industrial Training. This will prepare them for a smooth transition from the classroom to the world of Cloud Computing.
The focus of Level 3 is further development of relevant technical skills and the ability to apply these skills with strong critical thinking and analysis. IoT Concepts and Applications and Information Storage and management cover cutting-edge topics in the field of Cloud Computing. Computer Systems Management, Advanced Database Systems and Computer Systems Security ensure that you have a proper understanding of local computing environments, while Enterprise Programming for Distributed Applications and Designing and Developing Applications on Cloud develop advanced computing skills. General personal and professional development is enhanced in Project Management, while Innovation Management & New Product Development continues the theme of generating new ideas and creating new products.
- Innovation Management and New Product Development
- Project Management
- Computer Systems Security
- Information Storage & Management
- Internet of Things: Concepts & Applications
- Enterprise Programming for Distributed Applications
- Advanced Database Systems
- Designing & Developing Applications on Cloud
- Computer Systems Management
- Investigations in Cloud Computing
- Cloud Computing Project