Full time (12-14 months)
Part time (24+ months)
Dual Degree Award:
Asia Pacific University (APU), Malaysia & Staffordshire University, UK
This programme is specifically designed to provide a solid in-depth knowledge in the theory and practice of decision making needed to face the challenges in the financial world of today. In the rapidly changing business world of today, there is a growing need for finance professionals to meet the high requirements set by firms operating in a demanding environment and understanding its key areas at a global level is critically vital.
This Master of Finance programme will equip graduates with the highly marketable skills, and specialised financial knowledge and tools to move from theory to real-world applications needed to take them to the forefront of the financial world.
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum CGPA of 2.50 or equivalent as acceptable by the Senate; OR
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent but for CGPA below 2.50; can be accepted provided that the candidates must have 5 years working experience in relevant field.
- Graduates of equivalent qualifications who have several years of relevant industry experience.
- Evidence of satisfactory English language skills is required for candidates where English is not their first language, such as IELTS 6.0 or above or TOEFL 550 or above.
Who should attend
This degree is intended for finance professionals looking to widen their skill base, or students who have made a professional commitment to pursue a career in the finance industry and who have studied finance in an undergraduate degree and are interested in equipping with the most comprehensive array of analytical tools and techniques. This Masters of Finance could be a stepping stone to one of the most sought-after careers in the finance sectors broadly defined as corporate finance, security analysis, portfolio management, options and futures, treasury management, the functioning of financial institutions and markets, and financial decision-taking. Developed alongside the international organisations, this Master of Finance degree ensures graduates have the knowledge they need and can apply it within today's financial world.
The Benefits of This Programme
On successful completion of this programme, you will be able to :
Programme Modules & Project / Dissertation
- Quantitative Methods For Decision Making
- Securities, Futures and Options
- Financial Regulation and Regulatory Policy
- Financial Markets and Institutions
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Fixed Income and Equity Investment
- Investment and Risk Management
- Investment and Portfolio Management
- Research Methodology
Financial Planning and Wealth Management
Economics for Finance and Investment Analysis
Fundamentals for Islamic Finance
Project Paper/Case Study
Training in research methods, through the Research Methods and Literature Review Module, in addition to close supervision, will encourage you to develop your research skills so that you can complete your dissertation or project paper efficiently. The dissertation helps students develop the kind of skills they will need for work in a variety of careers, as well as to develop their specific ability to research and analyse academic problems.
The research will focus on the issues related to the common business and managerial problems in finance within or external to an organization either locally or internationally particularly with reference to its policy’s implication. The main purpose of this dissertation/project undertaking is to allow students to explore their area of interest and to apply the right approach or methodology to arrive at the rightful solutions that best suit or solve the problems at hands.