2 years (5 Semesters)
Study Loan Options
03 April 2017
15 May 2017
11 September 2017
06 November 2017
This programme is specifically designed to provide:
- Students for careers in the business administrative environment with emphasis on general business operations, organisation and specialisation option in accounting, tourism, information technology or marketing.
- Professional skills to develop solutions requiring a holistic outlook in the business and organisational context.
- Students with critical, independent and cooperative learning skills so as to facilitate response to continuous future changes in industry practices.
- Students with intellectual skills, communications ability and teamworking capability.
- Students with opportunities for progression into Degrees of study of International standard in relevant areas.
Diploma Admission Requirements:
Admission requirements for this programme is as follows:
- An overall credit pass in 3 subjects at SPM and a minimum of pass in Bahasa Malaysia and Sejarah (History); or
- An overall credit pass in 3 subjects at O-Levels/GCSE; or
- A qualification that APU accepts as equivalent to the above
Diploma Course Structure:
In this semester students will be equipped with basic mathematical, language and communication as well as information technology skills. Throughout the duration of the semester, students will be exposed to various terminologies and basic concepts related to business managerial skills. These skills are imperative for a smooth transition to the following semester.
- English for Academic Purposes
- Numerical Skills
- Managing Business
- Practical IT Skills
The modules Professional Communications, Academic Research Skills and Quantitative Methods that are offered in this semester help to further develop students’ knowledge and skills significantly with emphasis on aspects that are core to the study of business. Also the Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship module will begin to take the student through the process and the methods involved in the early stages of venture creation.
- Professional Communications
- Academic Research Skills
- Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship
- Quantitative Methods
This semester moves the students from the basic business concepts and procedures to more advanced topics like People Management, Marketing and Business Economics. Financial Accounting module will expand their knowledge and efficiency in solving problems and making decisions in different areas of business.
- People Management
- Financial Accounting
- Business Economics
The modules in this semester are aimed at equipping students with the knowledge and skills in the legal, statistical and financial aspects of business. In addition, students are exposed to International Business module which allows the students to understand the environmental and cultural issues facing global organisations. Besides, the Managing Information Systems module will also introduce the students to applications of business data communications.
- Legal Framework of Business
- International Business
- Business Statistics
- Principles of Finance
- Managing Information Systems
The final semester allows students to progress into more advanced areas of business and management. Students will experience a balance of business theories and practical applications. In addition, students will also select 2 option modules during the semester. Supported by accounting module, they are expected to be able to demonstrate cognitive and intellectual skills relevant to business.
- Organisational Behaviour
- Managing Services
- Cost Accounting
Option Modules A
- Consumer Behaviour
- Business Operations
- Computer Technology
Option Modules B
- Internet Applications
*In addition to the above, all students are also required to successfully complete General Studies modules as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualification Agency, as well as fulfill credit requirements for Co-curricular activities.
Upon successful completion of this programme, you will be eligible to progress into any of the following degree programmes offered at APU:
- BA (Hons) in Business Management
- BA (Hons) in Business Management with a specialism in E-Business
- BA (Hons) in International Business Management
- BA (Hons) in Marketing Management
- BA (Hons) in Human Resource Management
- BSc (Hons) in Media Informatics
- BA (Hons) in Media Marketing
- BA (Hons) in Media Marketing with a specialism in Social Media