2 years (5 Semesters)
Study Loan Options
03 April 2017
15 May 2017
11 September 2017
06 November 2017
This programme is specifically designed to provide:
- Students for careers in the business, accounting and finance environment with emphasis on accounting practices, computerised accounting systems, financial management and economic outlook.
- Students with academic and professional skills to develop solutions requiring the application of marketing in a business and organisational context.
- Students with critical, independent and cooperative learning skills so as to facilitate response to continuous future changes in industry practices.
- Students with intellectual skills, communications ability and teamworking capability.
- Students with opportunities for progression into Degrees of study of International standard in relevant areas.
- To facilitate students’ pursue of professional qualifications from the professional accounting and financial bodies.
Diploma Admission Requirements:
Admission requirements for this programme is as follows:
- An overall credit pass in 3 subjects at SPM including credit in Mathematics and a minimum of pass in Bahasa Malaysia and Sejarah (History); or
- An overall credit pass in 3 subjects at O-Levels/GCSE including credit in Mathematics; or
- A qualification that APU accepts as equivalent to the above
Diploma Course Structure:
In this semester students will be equipped with basic mathematical, language and communication as well as information technology skills. Throughout the duration of the study, students will be exposed to various terminologies and basic concepts related to business managerial skills. These skills are imperative for a smooth transition to the following semester.
- English for Academic Purposes
- Managing Business
- Numberical Skills
- Practical IT Skills
The modules Professional Communications, Quantitative Methods and Academic Research Skills that are offered in this semester help to further develop students’ knowledge and skills significantly with emphasis on aspects that are core to the study of accounting. Financial Accounting 1 which touches on the basic concepts and procedures of accounting will be introduced.
- Academic Research Skills
- Financial Accounting 1
- Professional Communications
- Quantitative Methods
This semester moves students from the basic accounting concepts and procedures to more advanced topics in financial accounting. There are also modules in related subjects such as economics, marketing and business statistics which will expand their knowledge and efficiency in solving problems and make decisions in different areas of business.
- Business Economics
- Business Statistics
- Financial Accounting 2
The modules in this semester are aimed at equipping students with the knowledge and skills in the legal and quantitative analysis aspects of business.
In addition, students are exposed to the latest accounting concepts, techniques, trends and issues in the areas of financial accounting and reporting, finance, and accounting information system. These modules are targeted to enhance the application skills of students in a higher level of accounting related areas.
- Accounting Information System
- Business Law
- Financial Accounting 3
- Principles of Finance
- Quantitative Analysis
The final semester allows students to progress into more advanced areas of accounting, taxation, auditing, modelling techniques using computers and develop data spreadsheets, as well as costing and management accounting.
Graduates experience a balance of accounting theory and practical applications with integrated computer technologies and are expected to be able to demonstrate cognitive and intellectual skills with techniques in business, management, information technology and accounting.
- Audit & Control Systems
- Basic Taxation
- Cost Accounting
- Financial Accounting 4
- Spreadsheet Modelling Techniques
*In addition to the above, all students are also required to successfully complete General Studies modules as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualification Agency, as well as fulfill credit requirements for Co-curricular activities.
Upon successful completion of this programme, you will be eligible to progress into any of the following degree programmes offered at APU:
- BA (Hons) in Accounting & Finance
- BA (Hons) in Accounting and Finance with a specialism in Forensic Accounting
- BA (Hons) in Accounting and Finance with a specialism in Taxation
- BA (Hons) in Accounting and Finance with a specialism in Forex and Investments
- BA (Hons) in Accounting and Finance with a specialism in Internal Audit
- BA (Hons) in Business Management with a specialism in E-Business
- BA (Hons) in Business Management
- BA (Hons) in International Business Management
- BA (Hons) in Marketing Management
- BA (Hons) in Human Resource Management
- Bachelor in Banking and Finance (Hons)
- Bachelor in Banking and Finance (Hons) with a specialism in Financial Planning
- Bachelor in Banking and Finance (Hons) with a specialism in Investment and Risk Management
- Bachelor in Islamic Banking and Finance (Hons)