3 Years (6 Semesters)
Dual Degree Award:
APU, Malaysia and Staffordshire University, UK
21 February 2017
09 May 2017
12 September 2017
07 November 2017
Study Loan Options:
This programme is specifically designed to provide:
- Familiarity with a broad range of information technologies and how they are used.
- An understanding of frameworks and planning techniques for the strategic management of information systems in organisations.
- The ability to critically evaluate and apply appropriate strategies and techniques to the development of information technologies.
- 2 Principal Passes at STPM level and with 4 Credit Passes at SPM including Mathematics; or
- 2 Passes with at ‘A’ Levels and with a Credit Pass at ‘O’ Levels / GCSE including Mathematics; or
- The APIIT/APU Foundation or equivalent with CGPA of 2.0 and Credit in Mathematics at SPM/O-Level; or
- 5 Grade B's in UEC including Mathematics; or
- Canadian Pre-University (CPU) with minimum average of 50%; or
- Australian Matriculation (AUSMAT) with minimum average of 60%; or
- South Australian Matriculation Certificate (SAM) with minimum of 60%; or
- International Baccalaureate with minimum 24 marks;
- Victorian Certificate of Education with minimum average of 50%;
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma with minimum average of 50%; or
- A qualification that APU accepts as equivalent to the above.
The qualification and entry requirements for the programmes will be determined based on the "Comparison List of Equivalency of International Qualifications with SPM (O-Levels equivalent) and STPM (A-Levels equivalent)" published by Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
The IT degree and all of its specialisms have similar modules in Level 1. Modules that provide a foundation for any IT professional include System Analysis & Design, Fundamentals of Software Development, and Introduction to Programming in an appropriate language. More technical knowledge and skills are developed in Operating Systems & Computer Architecture and Introduction to Networking. Introduction to Management and Computing & IT in the Workplace provide a foundation for multidisciplinary education and understanding personal and organisational development. Important and relevant skills for independent learning are introduced throughout this level.
- Computing & IT in the Workplace
- Fundamentals of Software Development
- Introduction to Databases
- Introduction to Management
- Introduction to Networking
- Mathematical Concepts for Computing
- Operating Systems & Computer Architecture
- System Analysis & Design
- Introduction To C Programming
- Interactive Media & Web Design Technology
In addition to the above, all students are also required to successfully complete General Studies modules as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualification Agency, as well as fulfill credit requirements for Co-Curricular Activities.
Further in-depth analysis and design skills are developed at Level 2 through System Development Methods, Web Applications, and Human-Computer Interaction. Specific computing skills are developed through Object Oriented Development with Java, Programming Concepts in C++, and System Programming & Computer Control. Integrated Business Processes with SAP ERP Systems will give you a thorough understanding of how IT supports modern organisational activity. Along with independent learning, a common theme in all APU ICT awards is fostering creativity and innovation in individuals and teams. These themes are the specific focus of the Creativity & Innovation and Research Methods for Computing & Technology modules.
- Creativity & Innovation
- Object Oriented Development with Java
- Probability & Statistical Modeling
- Professional & Enterprise Development
- Research Methods For Computing and Technology
- System Development Methods
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Integrated Business Processes with SAP ERP Systems
- Mobile & Wireless Technology
- Programming Concepts in C++
- Web Applications
- System Programming and Computer Control
After the completion of Level 2 students will undertake a short Internship / Industrial Training. This will prepare them for a smooth transition from the classroom to the world of Information Technology.
The focus of Level 3 is further development of relevant technical skills and the ability to apply these skills with strong critical thinking and analysis. Advanced Database Systems, Computer Systems Management and Cloud Infrastructure and Services ensure that you have a proper understanding of modern computing environments, while Enterprise Programming for Distributed Applications and Designing and Developing Applications on Cloud develop advanced computing skills. General personal and professional development is enhanced in Project Management, while Innovation Management & New Product Development continues the theme of generating new ideas and creating new products.
- Innovation Management & New Product Development
- Project Management
- Advanced Database Systems
- Cloud Infrastructure & Services
- Computer Systems Management
- Designing & Developing Applications on Cloud
- Distributed Computer Systems
- Enterprise Programming for Distributed Applications
- Information Technology Project
- In vestigations in Information Technology