Full time (12-14 Months) / Part time ( 2-5 years)
Asia Pacific University (APU), Malaysia & Staffordshire University, UK
This programme is specifically designed to provide:
- An opportunity to demonstrate how the application of computer-related technology is an integral part of an efficient business environment
- An emphasis on the understanding of how an effective computer system is a key factor in enabling a business to gain a competitive and strategic edge
- An overall consideration of how IT can be managed in the organisation
- An understanding of how strategic IT frameworks can be established to enhance the capability of the organisation
- Bachelor’s degree in IT/Computer Science and related areas with a minimum CGPA of 2.75 or equivalent as acceptable by the Senate; OR
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent but for CGPA below 2.75; can be accepted provided that the candidates must have 5 years working experience in relevant field.
- Graduates of equivalent qualifications who have several years of relevant industry experience.
- Evidence of satisfactory English language skills is required for candidates where English is not their first language, such as IELTS 6.0 or above or TOEFL 550 or above.
Who should attend
This programme is geared towards industry or business professionals who are seeking to develop their careers in the management of technological systems and / or their production for the benefit of organisations. Managers within organisations where information technology plays a vital role in the managerial functions and the efficient operation of the organisation will find this programme very useful.
The Benefits of This Programme
On successful completion of this programme, you will be able to :
- Demonstrate professional competencies in one or more specialist branches of IT Management
- Draw upon the body of theoretical and technical knowledge available and be able to use this to professional advantage
- Communicate effectively in technical and professional environments
- Show initiative and independence of thought in technical project planning and design
- Appreciate how an efficient technology-based infrastructure is a key factor in enabling a business to gain a competitive edge
- Demonstrate a critical awareness of the importance of IT in the development of systems
- Develop an appreciation of the management context within which software and IT systems are developed
- Critically analyse, design and evaluate possible developments in a specialised area of discipline in order to further the knowledge and understanding of an IT management environment
Programme Modules & Project / Dissertation
The programme comprises 7 coursework modules, the Personal Development and Research Methods
Module and a major dissertation.
There are 5 compulsory Core Modules and you will have to choose 2 electives from those listed.
Optional Modules* (choose 2)
- Internet Applications
- Quality and Project Management for Technology
- Integrated Systems Management
- Networks Systems and Technologies
- Strategic Planning and Systems Development
- *Personal Development and Research Methods
- Database Design & Development
- Interaction Design
- Software Quality Engineering
- Knowledge Management
- Technology Management
*The Personal Development and Research Methods will be studied in the Postgraduate Diploma stage of the award
|* Optional modules are offered based on a pre-defined sequence and should students select their own set of preferred options, the duration to completion may be extended.|
Training in research methods, through the Personal Development and Research Methods Module, in addition to close supervision, will encourage you to develop your research skills so that you can complete your major project/dissertation efficiently. You are encouraged to complete industry-based major projects/dissertations that are relevant to your work and organisation or any substantial idea from the modules taken.
The project should emphasise how an effective computer system is a key factor in enabling a business to gain a competitive and strategic edge. This would usually involve devising, recommending or implementing an innovative solution to a problem area.