3 Years (6 Semesters)
Dual Degree Award:
APU, Malaysia & Staffordshire University, UK
09 May 2017
12 September 2017
07 November 2017
Study Loan Options:
This programme is specifically designed to provide:
- Technical knowledge, skills and background in the design and organization of computer systems.
- The ability to critically evaluate design paradigms, languages, algorithms, and techniques used to develop complex software systems.
- The ability to evaluate and respond to opportunities for developing and exploiting new technologies.
- 2 Principal Passes at STPM level and with 4 Credit Passes at SPM including Mathematics; or
- 2 Passes at ‘A’ Levels and with a Credit Pass at ‘O’ Levels / GCSE including Mathematics; or
- The APIIT/APU Foundation or equivalent with CGPA of 2.0 and Credit in Mathematics at SPM/O-Level; or
- 5 Grade B's in UEC including Mathematics; or
- Canadian Pre-University (CPU) with minimum average of 50%; or
- Australian Matriculation (AUSMAT) with minimum average of 60%; or
- South Australian Matriculation Certificate (SAM) with minimum of 60%; or
- International Baccalaureate with minimum 24 marks;
- Victorian Certificate of Education with minimum average of 50%;
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma with minimum average of 50%; or
- A qualification that APU accepts as equivalent to the above.
The qualification and entry requirements for the programmes will be determined based on the "Comparison List of Equivalency of International Qualifications with SPM (O-Levels equivalent) and STPM (A-Levels equivalent)" published by Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
Level 1 modules in this program that provide a foundation for any IT professional include System Analysis & Design, Fundamentals of Software Development, and Introduction to Programming in an appropriate language. More technical knowledge and skills are developed in Operating Systems & Computer Architecture and Introduction to Networking. Modules such as Introduction to Management, Computing & IT in the Workplace and Professional & Enterprise Development provide a foundation for multi-disciplinary education and understanding personal and organisational development. Important and relevant skills for independent learning are introduced throughout the program.
- Computing & IT in the Workplace
- Introduction to Management
- System Analysis & Design
- Fundamentals of Software Development
- Mathematical Concepts for Computing
- Operating Systems & Computer Architecture
- Introduction to Networking
- Introduction to Databases
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence
- Introduction to C Programming
In addition to the above, all students are also required to successfully complete General Studies modules as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualification Agency, as well as fulfill credit requirements for Co-Curricular Activities.
Specific technical skills related to Computer Science are developed at this level. Engineering Software & Applications offers an introduction to the concepts associated with data acquisition and system simulation. Data Structures and Concurrent Programming take your application development skills to the next level, while System & Network Administration and Computer Systems Low Level Techniques buile on Operating Systems & Computer Architecture. Option modules allow you to choose to go further into artificial intelligence, networking, and/or multimedia. The emphasis on independent learning continues at this level, and is a particular focus and requirement in Research Methods.
- Object Oriented Development with Java
- System Development Methods
- Professional & Enterprise Development
- Creativity & Innovation
- Research Methods For Computing & Technology
Specialised and Option Modules
- Engineering Software & Applications
- Data Structures
- Concurrent Programming
- System & Network Administration
- Computer Systems and Low Level Techniques
- AI Methods
- Programming Concepts in C++
- Mobile & Wireless Technology
- Believable Models for Games & Virtual Reality
- Principles of Creative Animations
After the completion of Level 2 students will undertake a short Internship / Industrial Training. This will prepare them for a smooth transition from the classroom to the world of Computer Science.
The focus of Level 3 is further development of relevant technical skills and the ability to apply these skills with strong critical thinking and analysis. The core modules Algorithmics, Real-Time Systems, and HCI & Usability enhance your system development skills, while Emergent Technology broadens your perspective to include the frontiers of technology. Option modules allow you to enhance skills developed in previous study of programming, systems & network administration, multimedia, and management. General personal and professional development is enhanced in Project Management, while Innovation Management & New Product Development continues the theme of generating new ideas and creating new products.
- Innovation Management & New Product Development
- Project Management
Specialised & Option Modules
- Advanced Programming Language Concepts
- Real-Time Systems
- Ubiquitous Computing
- HCI & Usability
- Emergent Technology
- Cloud Infrastructure & Services
- Information Storage & Management
- Computer Systems Security
- Multimedia Techniques for Animation, Games & Film Effects
- Investigations in Computer Science
- Computer Science Project