2 years (5 Semesters)
Study Loan Options
03 April 2017
15 May 2017
11 September 2017
06 November 2017
This programme is specifically designed to provide:
- Students for careers in hybrid environments where business information systems are increasingly integrated, encompassing a wide range of enabling technologies and cross organisational, social, national and international boundaries.
- Students with academic and professional skills to develop solutions requiring the application of both business and information technology disciplines in a commercial and organisational context.
- Students with critical, independent and cooperative learning skills so as to facilitate responses to continuous future changes in technology and industry practices.
- Students with intellectual skills, communications ability and team working capability.
Diploma Admission Requirements:
Admission requirements for this programme is as follows:
- An overall credit pass in 3 subjects at SPM and a minimum of pass in Bahasa Malaysia and Sejarah (History); or
- An overall credit pass in 3 subjects at O-Levels/GCSE; or
- A qualification that APU accepts as equivalent to the above
Diploma Course Structure:
At the beginning of the programme students will acquire basic mathematical, language and communication skills along with core information technology skills. Students will gain an understanding of basic concepts and terminology related to technology and business management.
- English for Academic Purposes
- Numerical Skills
- Managing Business
- Practical IT Skills
The second semester builds on and extends the foundation knowledge developed in the first semester. Language and communication skills are taken to more advanced levels of research and professionalism. The ability to analyze and solve problems using quantitative skills, and familiarity with technology are enhanced.
- Professional Communications
- Academic Research Skills
- Computer Technology
- Quantitative Methods
In this semester students build on their understanding of general business concepts and procedures to more specific areas, namely marketing and economics. Related technology skills in database systems and computer programming enhance their knowledge and efficiency in solving problems and making decision with computing tools and techniques.
- Database Systems
- Visual Basic
- Business Economics
The modules in this semester continue to build on the understanding of general business concepts and procedures to the more specific areas of statistical analysis, accounting, and the legal environment. On the technology side, students are exposed to internet applications design and development, and the system development cycle.
- Internet Applications
- Legal Framework of Business
- Business Statistics
- Systems Analysis & Design
The final semester brings students into more advanced areas of business management, including issues related to organizational capabilities and resources, service quality and sustainability, and management of IT resources. Graduates will be able to demonstrate a range of cognitive and intellectual skills as they apply techniques specific to business, management and information technology to create solutions in real-world situations.
- Organisational Behaviour
- Managing Services
- Managing Information Systems
- IT Operations Management
- Multimedia Applications
*In addition to the above, all students are also required to successfully complete General Studies modules as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualification Agency, as well as fulfill credit requirements for Co-curricular activities.
Upon successful completion of this programme, you will be eligible to progress into any of the following degree programmes offered at APU:
- BA (Hons) in Business Management
- BA (Hons) in Business Management with a specialism in E-Business
- BA (Hons) in International Business Management
- BSc (Hons) in Technopreneurship
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with a specialism in Business Information Systems
- BSc (Hons) in Media Informatics
- BSc (Hons) in Media Marketing
- BSc (Hons) in Media Marketing with a specialism in Social Media
- APIIT - BSc (Hons) in Business Information Technology
- APIIT - BSc (Hons ) in Business Computing
- APIIT - BSc (Hons) in Business Computing with specialism in E-Commerce