3 Years (6 Semesters)
Dual Degree Award:
APU, Malaysia & Staffordshire University, UK
21 February 2017
09 May 2017
12 September 2017
07 November 2017
Study Loan Options:
This programme is specifically designed to provide:
- In depth knowledge of multimedia concepts, principles, and technologies.
- The knowledge and skills required to work in the multimedia industry as an author, animator, or modeller.
- The specific skills required to create 3D models and animation, digital music, video, and similar creative assets.
- 2 Principal Passes at STPM level and with 4 Credit Passes at SPM; or
- 2 Passes with at ‘A’ Levels and with a Credit Pass at ‘O’ Levels / GCSE; or
- The APIIT/APU Foundation or equivalent with CGPA of 2.0; or
- 5 Grade B's in UEC; or
- Canadian Pre-University (CPU) with minimum average of 50%; or
- Australian Matriculation (AUSMAT) with minimum average of 60%; or
- South Australian Matriculation Certificate (SAM) with minimum of 60%; or
- International Baccalaureate with minimum 24 marks;
- Victorian Certificate of Education with minimum average of 50%;
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma with minimum average of 50%; or
- A qualification that APU accepts as equivalent to the above.
The qualification and entry requirements for the programmes will be determined based on the "Comparison List of Equivalency of International Qualifications with SPM (O-Levels equivalent) and STPM (A-Levels equivalent)" published by Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
Specialised modules at Level 1 in this program that provide appropriate foundation for a technical professional in the field of Multimedia Technology include Interactive Media & Web Design Technology, Audio Visual Technology, Introduction to Graphics & Basic 3D Applications, and Digital Image Production. System Analysis & Design and
Introduction to Programming in an appropriate language are skills needed by every IT professional. General understanding of the work environment and aspects of personal and organisational development are provided by Computing & IT in the Workplace and Introduction to Management. Important and relevant skills for independent learning are introduced.
- Computing & IT in the Workplace
- Fundamentals of Software Development
- Introduction To C Programming
- Introduction to Management
- Mathematical Concepts for Computing
- System Analysis & Design
- Audio Visual Technology
- Digital Image Production
- Interactive Media & Web Design Technology
- Introduction to Graphics & Basic 3D Applications
In addition to the above, all students are also required to successfully complete General Studies modules as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualification Agency, as well as fulfill credit requirements for Co-Curricular Activities.
Specific technical skills related to Multimedia Technology are developed at this level. Multimedia Applications, Web Multimedia, and Developing Interactive Multimedia introduce a range of techniques and components, along with a technical framework and guidelines for the development of practical interactive multimedia systems. Computer Graphics introduces you to APIs that implement algorithms for digital representation and manipulation of images. Animation is introduced in Icon & Time Based Multimedia and Basic 3D Computer Character Modelling, while sound is covered in Synthesiser Technology and Digital Audio & Video. Independent learning continues in all modules, but is a particular focus of Research Methods For Computing & Technology.
Independent learning continues in all modules but is a particular focus and requirement in Research Methods.
- Creativity & Innovation
- Professional & Enterprise Development
- Research Methods For Computing and Technology
- Basic 3D Computer Character Modelling
- Computer Graphics
- Developing Interactive Multimedia
- Digital Audio and Video
- Icon and Time Based Multimedia
- Mathematics for Computer Graphics
- Multimedia Applications
- Synthesiser Technology
- Web Multimedia
After the completion of Level 2 students will undertake a short Internship/Industrial Training. This will prepare them for a smooth transition from the classroom to the world of Multimedia Technology.
At this level there is further development of relevant technical skills and the ability to apply these skills with strong critical thinking and analysis. In Multimedia Streaming you will master media streaming technology and develop synchronised media integration language (SMIL) programing skills along with project management skills. In Multimedia Scripting you will explore frameworks for selecting methods and tools and develop an understanding of current trends in multimedia development and its techniques. Advanced Multimedia, Advanced Web Multimedia, and Advanced 3D Character Modelling and Animation build on their Level 2 counterparts to provide in depth knowledge of issues and techniques.
The major project that you are expected to complete, entails extensive research in domain knowledge and the acquisition of skills in using tools and methods in Multimedia Technology. This is where you will demonstrate higher level critical thinking analysis and solutions development skills which will enhance your employability.
- Innovation Management and New Product Development
- Project Management
- Advanced 3D Character Modelling and Animation
- Advanced Multimedia
- Advanced Web Multimedia
- HCI and Usability
- Investigations in Multimedia Technology
- Multimedia Scripting
- Multimedia Streaming
- Multimedia Techniques For Animation, Games & Film Effects
- Multimedia Technology Project
CAREERS IN MULTIMEDIA
This qualification will assist you to gain employment as a multimedia practitioner and you will enter the employment market with the advantages of strong technical skills in software design and information systems development in the context of building quality interactive multimedia applications.