Full time (16 months) / Part time (2-5 years)
Dual Degree Award:
APU, Malaysia &
Staffordshire University, UK
The Master of Science in Global Marketing Management focuses on marketing in a global environment. The definition adopted here of Global Marketing is that of Clarke and Wilson (2009) “Global Marketing …. establishes a marketing blueprint that can be used in all countries whether as a standard approach or adapted to specific characteristics of that market”. In other words the Programme will focus on thinking and planning at a Global level but implementing and acting at the local level in the light of the market and its requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree with minimum CGPA 2.75 out of 4.00 or equivalent as Senate approval. OR
- Bachelor’s Degree with CGPA 2.5 out of 4.00 but less than 2.75 CGPA can be accepted with rigorous assessment (includes test, interview or port folio). OR
- Bachelor’s Degree with CGPA below 2.5 out of 4.00 or qualification which is equivalent can be accepted with minimum 5 years relevant working experience in related field. Student must provide CV/Letters etc.
- Evidence of satisfactory English language skills is required for candidates where English is not their first language, such as IELTS 6.0 or above or TOEFL 550 or above.
Who should attend
The Master of Science in Global Marketing Management has been designed to equip key managers, senior executives, executives, entrepreneurs and other professionals for a career in global marketing by developing the critical knowledge and competencies in the identification, evaluation and solution of problems encountered in global marketing and the development of global marketing strategies. In addition, it is designed for those who have an undergraduate background in business, as well as those from other industry areas interested in developing a comprehensive understanding of concepts and current theories in the management of global businesses.
The Benefits of This Programme
On successful completion of this programme, you will be able to :
- Assess the relevance of national and international trends and issues in cross border marketing.
- Evaluate the importance of creating, developing and maintaining a competitive advantage in a global context.
- Critically evaluate the range of advanced skills required to design and implement a global marketing plan.
- Develop skills to be employed in an advisory or practical managerial capacity in marketing management
- Manage marketing and corporate communication in global marketing environments.
- Possess the personal, interpersonal, cultural awareness and critical skills to be able to work in Marketing Management
- Integrate knowledge and to handle complex marketing information
- Evaluate complex marketing scenarios and develop new applications, insights and strategies for global marketing.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the complexity global marketing
- Design and implement a global marketing plan.
Programme Modules & Project / Dissertation
The modules are designed to provide the knowledge and skills that managers need in order to attract customers globally. It is specially designed to meet the needs and trends of the global marketplace in an international and multicultural setting. Students learn the importance of defining the scope of 21st century marketing, developing and executing effective marketing strategies, adapting to rapidly changing technologies; building customer satisfaction and retention, and facilitating communications successfully.
- Statistics and Decision Making
- Strategic Marketing Management
- Euro Asia Global Business and Trends
- Global Marketing Management
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Managing Creativity and Innovation
- Marketing and Sustainability in the Age of Globalisation
- New Product Development and Innovation
- Research Methodology
- Services Marketing
- Business Ethics and Corporate Responsibility
- Entrepreneurship in Euro Asia
- Strategies in Emerging Markets
- Project Paper/Case Study
Training in research methods, through the Research Methods & Literature Review Module, in addition to close supervision, will encourage you to develop your research skills so that you can complete your dissertation or project paper efficiently. You will be expected to conduct effective research in relation to business in Global Marketing for both academic and industry purposes. Either route will require you to plan and conduct effective academic research to critically evaluate and select global market entry strategies leading to a significant dissertation or the conduct of appropriate research and analysis leading to one of an academic paper, consultancy report or case history in relation to an aspect of Global Marketing Management.