Full time (16 months) / Part time (2-5 years)
Dual Degree Award:
APU, Malaysia &
Staffordshire University, UK
The Master of Science in International Business Communication focuses on business and corporate communication in multinational business environments. The interface of communication is between corporate communication, language and management. This programme is specifically designed to provide a broad and extensive knowledge of international and intercultural communication. The students will focus on how culture affects communication.
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum CGPA of 2.50 or equivalent as acceptable by the Senate; OR
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent but for CGPA below 2.50; can be accepted provided that the candidates must have 5 years working experience in relevant field.
- Graduates of equivalent qualifications who have several years of relevant industry experience.
- Evidence of satisfactory English language skills is required for candidates where English is not their first language, such as IELTS 6.0 or above or TOEFL 550 or above.
Who should attend
This programme is ideal for executives, managers and professionals who wish to become effective communication managers in today’s complex global environment. Our programme provides students with the opportunity to study various aspects of business and corporate communication knowledge, theories, techniques , media technologies and skills. Career paths for MIBC graduates include corporate communications, marketing communications, management consulting, public relations and advertising in international business environments.
The Benefits of This Programme
On successful completion of this programme, you will be able to :
- Develop skills to be employed in an advisory or practical managerial capacity in international communications
- Manage business and corporate communication in multinational business environments.
- Demonstrate the personal and interpersonal competencies and knowledge are necessary to manage communications in differing & complex cultures
- Interact effectively & responsibly with individuals and organisations in this context
- Demonstrate ethical behaviour through appropriate communication in a international environment.
- Build perceptiveness, transparency and capability to communicate in a unfamiliar cultural context
- Develop the ability to conduct an interdisciplinary analysis of business communications in an international environment
- Demonstrate creative and innovative approaches to solving communications problems and the development of new approaches to effective business communications
Programme Modules & Project / Dissertation
The modules are designed to equip students with the knowledge, skills, techniques, and personal qualities to secure and prosper in appropriate employment or further research, with a comprehensive understanding of the different approaches to communicating in an international business context. The modules equip existing professionals with highly developed capabilities in relation to innovation, integration of ideas and concepts in business communications.
- Communication Theory and Practice
- Business Communication Research and Audit
- Intercultural Communication in Business
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Planning Business Communications Campaigns
- Marketing and Sustainability in the Age of Globalisation
- New Media Industries and Technologies
- International Business Communications and Competencies
- Research Methodology
- Technology, Culture and People: A Global Perspective
- Business Ethics & Corporate Responsibility
- Entrepreneurship in Euro Asia
- Strategies in Emerging Markets
- Project Paper/Case Study
Training in research methods, through the Research Methods & Literature Review Module, in addition to close supervision, will encourage you to develop your research skills so that you can complete your dissertation or project paper efficiently. You will be expected to conduct effective research in relation to international business communications for both academic and industry purposes. Either route will require you to plan and conduct effective academic research in relation to the conduct of substantial and substantive individual research and analysis in relation to an aspect of International Business leading to a significant dissertation or the conduct of appropriate research and analysis leading to one of an academic paper, consultancy report or case history in relation to an aspect of International Business Communications.