3 Years (6 Semesters)
Dual Degree Award:
APU, Malaysia and Staffordshire University, UK
09 May 2017
12 September 2017
07 November 2017
Study Loan Options:
This programme is specifically designed to provide:
- The knowledge to design, engineer, and develop IoT- based solutions using various platforms in a broader and vendor neutral perspective.
- An understanding of important insights on sensor devices, internet based technologies, wireless communications, and cloud computing.
- 2 Principal Passes at STPM level and with 4 Credit Passes at SPM including Mathematics; or
- 2 Passes with at ‘A’ Levels and with a Credit Pass at ‘O’ Levels / GCSE including Mathematics; or
- The APIIT/APU Foundation or equivalent with CGPA of 2.0 and Credit in Mathematics at SPM/O-Level; or
- 5 Grade B's in UEC including Mathematics; or
- Canadian Pre-University (CPU) with minimum average of 50%; or
- Australian Matriculation (AUSMAT) with minimum average of 60%; or
- South Australian Matriculation Certificate (SAM) with minimum of 60%; or
- International Baccalaureate with minimum 24 marks;
- Victorian Certificate of Education with minimum average of 50%;
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma with minimum average of 50%; or
- A qualification that APU accepts as equivalent to the above.
The qualification and entry requirements for the programmes will be determined based on the "Comparison List of Equivalency of International Qualifications with SPM (O-Levels equivalent) and STPM (A-Levels equivalent)" published by Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
You will learn fundamental skills required by every IT professional, and the basic understanding of the underlying computer system through Computer Architecture, operating systems, networks and databases. Some specialized modules will provide you basic knowledge of programming and Internet of Things (IoT). The modules will also help you develop personal and organizational skills, as well as nurture creativity and innovation.
- Computing & IT in the Workplace
- Introduction to Management
- System Analysis & Design
- Fundamentals of Software Development
- Mathematical Concepts for Computing
- Operating Systems & Computer Architecture
- Introduction to Networking
- Introduction to Databases
- Introduction to C Programming
- Introduction to IoT
- Instrumentation & Measurement
In addition to the above, all students are also required to successfully complete General Studies modules as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualification Agency, as well as fulfill credit requirements for Co-Curricular Activities.
A broader range of skills will be learnt, in which you will gain better understanding of the broad range of Internet of Things technologies, which include the network, systems programming and security. You will gain solid understanding of IoT as an enabler for an organisation. We will further nurture your creativity and innovation as well as independent learning to prepare you for the workplace.
- Object Oriented Development with Java
- System Development Methods
- Professional & Enterprise Development
- Creativity & Innovation
- Research Methods for Computing and Technology
- Mobile & Wireless Technology
- Web Applications
- Probability & Statistical Modelling
- System Programming & Computer Control
- Network Security
- LoWPAN & Ad-hoc Networking
- Enterprise Internet of Things
After the completion of Level 2 students will undertake a short Internship / Industrial Training. This will prepare them for a smooth transition from the classroom to the world of Information Technology.
You will make use of your previous studies and industrial experience to extend your familiarity in the field of Internet of Things (IoT) and to refine your personal and professional development. You will move further into the frameworks and planning techniques for strategic management of cloud-based IoT systems in organisations. A final year project requires you to investigate and develop a solution for a real-world problem – you will demonstrate your ability to combine technical knowledge, critical thinking and analytical skills to produce a personal achievement portfolio.
- Innovation Management & New Product Development
- Project Management
- Distributed Computer Systems
- Developing IoT Applications
- Computer Systems Management
- Cloud Infrastructure & Services
- Ubiquitous Computing
- Knowledge Discovery & Big Data Analytics
- HCI & Usability
- Investigations in Internet of Things
- Internet of Things Project
Note: The specialism will appear only in the academic transcript.
Careers in Internet of Things:
- Microcontroller Programmer
- Machine Learning Programmer
- Cloud Security Specialist
- Embedded Device Developer
- Data Scientist
- Network Developers
- Mobile Application Developer
- Web Developer
- Big Data Analysts
- Technology Consultant
- Web Development Engineer
- Project Manager – IoT
- IoT Innovation Manager
- IoT Software Developer
- Infrastructure and Test Engineer
Level 1: RM 24,800 + £190
Level 2: RM 26,600 + £190
Level 3: RM 26,900 + £190
Total: RM 78,300 + £570