3 Years (6 Semesters)
Dual Degree Award:
APU, Malaysia & Staffordshire University, UK
08 November 2016
14 February 2017
Study Loan Options:
This programme is specifically designed to provide:
- An understanding of the context, nature, role and significance of management activities as undertaken by managers in a range of organisations.
- However at Levels 2 & 3, the emphasis will be on undertaking this in an international context.
- An opportunity to develop well-researched, logical and integrated solutions to multi-faceted problems in uncertain and dynamic contexts.
- Vocationally relevant exposure enabling you to become operationally effective in management domestically or internationally.
- 2 Principal Passes at STPM level and with 4 Credit Passes at SPM; or
- 2 Passes at ‘A’ Levels; or
- The APIIT/APU Foundation or equivalent with CGPA of 2.0; or
- 5 Grade B's in UEC; or
- Canadian Pre-University (CPU) with minimum average of 50%; or
- Australian Matriculation (AUSMAT) with minimum average of 60%; or
- South Australian Matriculation Certificate (SAM) with minimum of 60%; or
- International Baccalaureate with minimum 24 marks;
- Victorian Certificate of Education with minimum average of 50%;
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma with minimum average of 50%; or
- A qualification that APU accepts as equivalent to the above.
What you will study
Level 1 comprises 10 common modules within all management awards. The Legal, Business Environment and Computing & IT in the Workplace modules provide a context within which businesses operate.
The Business & Communications Skills and Introduction to Services Management modules provide the skills and competence that will be used throughout the programme. You are then introduced to the four principal functions of a business - Management, Marketing, People Management and Accounting. Important and relevant skills for independent learning are also introduced.
- Introduction to Management
- Accounting Skills
- Business and Communications Skills
- Business Economics
- Business Law
- Computing and IT in the Workplace
- Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship
- People Management
- Quantitative Skills
In addition to the above, all students are also required to successfully complete General Studies modules as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualification Agency, as well as fulfill credit requirements for Co-Curricular Activities.
Here, specific modules deal with organisational and customer-related issues with emphasis on delivering value to the customers. These are common to all management programmes. The other modules provide a broad understanding of Accounting, Operations and Management in an organisation.
Independent learning continues in all modules but is a particular focus and requirement in Research Methods.
- Behavioural Science in the Organisation
- Business Ethics and Governance
- Business Research Methods
- Delivering Customer Value
- Integrated Business Process with SAP ERP System
- Managing Finance
- Commercial Law
- Critical Thinking in Management
- E-Business Management
- International Business
- International Culture & Communications
- Operations Management
After the completion of Level 2 students will undertake a short Internship/Industrial Training. This will prepare them for a smooth transition from the classroom to the world of International Business Management.
Here, the emphasis is on strategy and decision-making in an international context. There are modules in the international dimensions of Finance, HRM, Marketing, Supply Chain Management and Strategic Management. The objective is to explore understanding and to analyse business management internationally where businesses must act global and think local, sometimes referred to as “Glocalisation”. The module on Asian Success in the Global Economy places particular emphasis on how businesses in this region have competed in the global marketplace. This is reinforced by the module on Problem-Solving and another on Decision-Making.
The Project further develops the academic and practical aspects of your chosen area of study in International Business and reinforces your independent learning skills.
- Corporate Finance
- Strategic Management
- Asian Economy
- Global Marketing
- International Business Management Project
- International Human Resource Management
- International Strategic Management
- Investigation in International Business Management
- Leadership Theory and Practice
- Managing International Supply Chains
- Managing People and Performance
MOHE Compulsory Subjects
- Malaysian Studies
- Moral Studies
- Bahasa Malaysia
- Tamadun Islam dan Tamadun Asia (TITAS)
CAREERS IN INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
- Administration Manager
- General Administrator
- Corporate Strategy Manager
- Global Purchasing Manager
- Global Retail Manager
- International Marketing Manager
- International Operations Manager
- Business Development Manager
- Human Resource Manager
- Logistic and Supply Chain Manager
- Operation Manager
- Sales and Marketing Manager
- Market Research Analyst
- Business Consultant
- Business Research Analyst