3 Years (6 Semesters)
Dual Degree Award:
APU, Malaysia & Staffordshire University, UK
09 May 2017
12 September 2017
07 November 2017
Study Loan Options:
This programme is specifically designed to provide:
- An understanding of theories and concepts that underpin effective marketing and the practical skills required to start a career in marketing.
- Exposure to key areas including customer lifestyles and behaviour, customer values, marketing communications, international marketing, marketing decision-making and marketing management.
- A combination with other marketing and general business modules allowing students to gain a clear understanding of the vital role of marketing within the business context.
- Exposure to how the marketing discipline makes its impact in a variety of contexts.
- 2 Principal Passes at STPM level and with 4 Credit Passes at SPM; or
- 2 Passes at ‘A’ Levels; or
- The APIIT/APU Foundation or equivalent with CGPA of 2.0; or
- 5 Grade B's in UEC; or
- Canadian Pre-University (CPU) with minimum average of 50%; or
- Australian Matriculation (AUSMAT) with minimum average of 60%; or
- South Australian Matriculation Certificate (SAM) with minimum of 60%; or
- International Baccalaureate with minimum 24 marks;
- Victorian Certificate of Education with minimum average of 50%;
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma with minimum average of 50%; or
- A qualification that APU accepts as equivalent to the above.
What you will study
Level 1 comprises 10 common modules within all management awards. The Legal, Business Environment and Computing & IT in the Workplace modules provide a context within which businesses operate.
The Business & Communications Skills and Introduction to Services Management modules provide the skills and competence that will be used throughout the programme. You are then introduced to the four principal functions of a business - Management, Marketing, People Management and Accounting. Important and relevant skills for
independent learning are also introduced.
- Introduction to Management
- Accounting Skills
- Business and Communications Skills
- Business Economics
- Computing and IT in the Workplace
- Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship
- Business Law
- People Management
- Quantitative Skills
In addition to the above, all students are also required to successfully complete General Studies modules as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualification Agency, as well as fulfill credit requirements for Co-Curricular Activities.
The emphasis is on Marketing and Customer Value Delivery alongside the more practical issues of managing for enterprise, performance and problem-solving.
Marketing is developed through studies of Information (Research and Advertising), Electronic Marketing (Interactive Marketing & E-Marketing) and an understanding of Customer Relations and of Creativity & Innovation.
- Behavioral Science in the Organisation
- Business Ethics and Governance
- Creativity and Innovation
- Critical Thinking in Management
- International Cultures and Communications
- Business Research Methods
- Marketing Intelligence and Research
- Integrated Marketing Communication 1
- B2B Marketing
- Delivering Customer Value
- Consumer Behaviour
After the completion of Level 2 students will undertake a short Internship/Industrial Training. This will prepare them for a smooth transition from the classroom to the world of Marketing Management.
The emphasis is on Marketing strategy and decision-making alongside further issues of managing for enterprise, performance and problem-solving. Central to your studies is the consideration of exciting new opportunities to develop New Products and to be able to develop effective Marketing Communications which integrate the wide array of media available. Brand Management and the consideration of Customer Relationships explore the competitive advantage which can be exploited by proper use of such intangibles. The application of Marketing in various growth sectors is also considered through modules in Retail Marketing and Marketing People, Places and Performance.
The Project further develops the academic and practical aspects of your chosen area of study in Marketing Management and reinforces your independent learning skills.
- Brand Management
- Building Customer Relationship
- Global Marketing
- Innovation Management and New Product Development
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Investigations in Marketing Management
- Marketing Decision Making
- Marketing Management Project
- Leadership Theory and Practice
- Retail Marketing Management
- Strategic Marketing Planning
MOHE Compulsory Subjects
- Malaysian Studies
- Moral Studies
- Bahasa Malaysia
- Tamadun Islam dan Tamadun Asia (TITAS)
CAREERS IN MARKETING MANAGEMENT
- Advertising & Promotions Manager
- Brand Manager
- Customer Service Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Retail Manager
- Sales Manager
- Marketing Specialist
- Product Manager
- Director Marketing
- Content Marketing Specialist