3 Years (6 Semesters)
Dual Degree Award:
APU, Malaysia and Staffordshire University, UK
09 May 2017
12 September 2017
07 November 2017
Study Loan Options:
This programme is specifically designed to provide:
- Familiarity with a broad range of information technologies and how they are used.
- An understanding of frameworks and planning techniques for the strategic management of information systems in organisations.
- The ability to critically evaluate and apply appropriate strategies and techniques to the development of business information systems.
- 2 Principal Passes at STPM level and with 4 Credit Passes at SPM including Mathematics; or
- 2 Passes with at ‘A’ Levels and with a Credit Pass at ‘O’ Levels / GCSE including Mathematics; or
- The APIIT/APU Foundation or equivalent with CGPA of 2.0 and Credit in Mathematics at SPM/O-Level; or
- 5 Grade B's in UEC including Mathematics; or
- Canadian Pre-University (CPU) with minimum average of 50%; or
- Australian Matriculation (AUSMAT) with minimum average of 60%; or
- South Australian Matriculation Certificate (SAM) with minimum of 60%; or
- International Baccalaureate with minimum 24 marks;
- Victorian Certificate of Education with minimum average of 50%;
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma with minimum average of 50%; or
- A qualification that APU accepts as equivalent to the above.
The qualification and entry requirements for the programmes will be determined based on the "Comparison List of Equivalency of International Qualifications with SPM (O-Levels equivalent) and STPM (A-Levels equivalent)" published by Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
You will learn fundamental skills required by every IT professional, and the basic understanding of the underlying computer system through Computer Architecture, operating systems, networks and databases. Some specialized modules will provide you basic knowledge of web development and programming. The modules will also help you develop personal and organizational skills, as well as nurture creativity and innovation.
- Computing & IT in the Workplace
- Introduction to Management
- System Analysis & Design
- Fundamentals of Software Development
- Mathematical Concepts for Computing
- Operating Systems & Computer Architecture
- Introduction to Networking
- Introduction to Databases
- Introduction to Object-Oriented Programming
- Web Design and Development
A broader range of skills will be learnt, in which you will gain better understanding of the broad range of information technologies, and the specialized skills to apply frameworks and planning techniques for the strategic management of information systems. You will gain solid understanding of the support of business information systems in modern organizational operations. We will further nurture your creativity and innovation as well as independent learning to prepare you for the workplace.
- Object Oriented Development with Java
- System Development Methods
- Professional & Enterprise Development
- Creativity & Innovation
- Research Methods for Computing and Technology
- Probability & Statistical Modeling
- Integrated Business Processes with SAP ERP Systems
- Enterprise Systems
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Web Applications
Students will undertake an Internship/Industrial Training for a minimum period of 12 weeks to prepare them for a smooth transition from the classroom to the working environment.
You will make use of your previous studies and industrial experience to extend your familiarity in the field of business information systems and to refine your personal and professional development. You will move further into the development of business proposals that introduce the development, deployment and business impact of information systems. A final year project requires you to investigate and develop a solution for a real-world problem – you will demonstrate your ability to combine technical knowledge, critical thinking and analytical skills to produce a personal achievement portfolio.
- Innovation Management & New Product Development
- Project Management
- Information Systems Development Trends
- Knowledge Discovery & Big Data Analytics
- Developing E-Commerce Applications with XML
- E-Business Strategy
- Building Customer Relationships
- Computer Systems Management
- Investigations in Business Information Systems
- Business Information Systems Project
Note: The specialism will appear only in the academic transcript.
Careers in Business Information Systems:
- IT Business Systems Developer
- IT Systems Analyst
- E-Commerce Consultant
- Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
- Management Information System (MIS) Manager
- Global Business Solution Specialist
- Global Business Solution Consultant
- IT Business Development Manager
- IT Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst
- IT Business Engagement Manager
- SAP Business Analyst
- Technical Business Analyst
- Business Systems Analyst
- System Analyst
- Business Intelligence Manager
- CRM Business Analyst